新东方网>app资讯>比邻东方>正文

学常用表达,练地道口语

2022-06-09 17:14

来源:

作者:新东方比邻

Day1 厕所堵了

关于“厕所堵了”的表达

Hi, I'm in apartment 22 on John Street.

你好,我是约翰街22号公寓的。

Is there a problem?

有什么问题吗?

The toilet is clogged.

厕所堵了。

We've done all we could.

所有的方法我们都试过了。

I'll call a plumber on Friday.

周五我会让一个水管工过来。

Do I need to be there?

我需要在家吗?

NO, I could let him in with your permission if you're not home.

不必,如果你不在家,我会先征得你的同意让他直接进来。

I'm gonna call Don, the landlord, and have him come fix the place up.

那我给房东老唐打电话,让他过来修一下。

 

Day2 家里有老鼠

关于“家里有老鼠”的表达

What's that in the corner?

角落里是啥?

It's a rat!

是老鼠!

I've had it up to here with this apartment.

我受够了这个地方了。

How much longer can you go on?

你还要这样多久?

Enough! I can't take this!

够了!我受不了了!

We've moving out as soon as possible.

我们要赶紧搬出去。

But we can't. We still have five months left on the contract.

不行呀,我们还有五个月合同才到期呢。

This place is a dump run by a slumlord!

这房子这么垃圾,房东还漫天要价。

But there's a fee for breaking the lease!

但得赔违约金。

 

Day3 找房子

关于“找房子”的表达

I've been hunting for a new apartment and I think I've finally found a good one!

我最近一直在找房子,我想我终于找到一个满意的了!

Hmm,it looks good!

嗯,看着确实不错!

Wait,it's all the way out in the middle of nowhere!

等等,这也太远了吧!

This truly is a godforsaken place!

这真是一个荒无人烟的地方!

Let's keep for searching for others.

还是看看其他的吧。

How about this place?

这个地方怎么样呢?

Good location. Let's schedule an apartment viewing.

位置不错,我们约个时间去看看吧。

Well, I guess I could check out those apartment listings, even though there's never anything in here.

那我就看看租房广告吧,不过报纸上向来没有好房子。

Here's an affordable place,two-bedroom,close to work.It's available in five weeks!

有个地方价钱很公道,两居室,上班也近,五周后就能搬进去了!


Day4 问你个事

关于“问你个事”的表达

Hey Mandy, can I run something by you?

嘿,Mandy,我能问你个事吗?

Could I possibly buy you a coffee sometime, pick your brain a little?

有空能请你喝杯咖啡吗?听取下你的建议。

My father gave me a tip.

我爸告诉我一个诀窍。

It was a good one. You should take a tip from him yourself.

没错,你自己也应该请教他一下。

Sure,what's good?

好啊,什么事?

Well,a friend wanted a tax help, so we disscussed it over dinner.

一个朋友想得到税务方面的帮助,所以我们晚餐时讨论了这个问题。

At the end of the day, when the check came, she expected me to pay.

最后,当账单出来的时候,她希望我买单。

It definitely sounds like she took advantage of your generosity.

听起来他就是在利用你的大方。

Now that she asked a favor, she should pay without question.

既然她请你帮忙,毫无疑问她应该买单的。

Look, I don't know how much more of this I can take.

我不知道我还能忍多久。

 

Day5 你迟到了

关于“你迟到了”的表达

I'm almost there. Don't worry.

我马上就到了,别着急。

It has been over twenty minutes since we last talked. Where are you now?

距离我们上次通话已经二十多分钟了,你现在在哪?

There's a lot of traffic on the overpass.

立交桥上很堵。

I'm sorry, you can go inside the theater and I'll join you soon.

很抱歉,你先去电影院,我很快就到。

I knew you'd back out at the last minute.

我就知道你会在最后关头说话不算数。

No, I would never break a promise, okay?

我不会食言。

I will never make plans with you again.

我以后再也不约你了。

Who said anything about backing out?

谁说我说话不算数了?

I'm on my way. I just ran into a traffic jam.

我正在路上,只是刚刚赶上堵车了。

I'm about 10 minutes away.

我大约十分钟后到。

How could you be late today, of all days?

你怎么能偏偏今天这么晚回来?


Day6 儿童

关于“儿童”的表达

My father bought himself a toy train,and my mother said he was in his second childhood.

我爸给自己买了一个玩具火车,我妈说他真是返老还童了。

Nothing can wake me up. I usually sleep like a baby.

我输得很沉,没什么东西能把我吵醒。

Climbing that hill is kid's stuff.

爬那座山太小儿科了。

Every time Bill gets a new gadget for his kitchen, he's like a kid with a new toy.

每次比尔往厨房里添个什么新物件,他都像一个得了新玩具的孩子一般高兴。

I'm just the new kid on the block. I've only been working here for a month.

我是公司的新员工,才来了一个月。

For me, playing the guitar is child's play. It's so easy.

对我来说,弹吉他小菜一碟,非常简单。

John needs to grow up. He's such a mummy's boy! His mom still makes him lunch and he's 30 years old.

约翰需要成熟点了。他太依赖妈妈了,都30岁了还让妈妈给他做午饭。


Day7 端午节

关于“端午节”的表达

Zongzi are pyramid-shaped dumplings made of glutinous rice, stuffed with different fillings and wrapped in bamboo leaves.

粽子是糯米做的金字塔形状的饺子,有不同的馅儿,包在竹叶里面。

The custom of eating zongzi is now popular in North and South Korea, Japan and Southeast Asia nations.

吃粽子这个传统现在在朝鲜、韩国、日本以及东南亚国家都很流行。

Dragon boat racing is a traditional pastime.

赛龙舟是一项传统娱乐活动。
As the gun is fired, people will see racers in dragon-shaped canoes pulling the oars harmoniously and hurriedly, accompanied by rapid drums, speeding toward their destination.

发令枪一响,我们就可以看到参赛者们坐在龙舟上快速、和谐地划着浆,伴着急速的鼓声冲向终点。

On Dragon Boat Festival, Parents also need to dress their children up with a perfume pouch. The perfume pouch will be hung around the neck or tied to the front of a garment as an ornament. They are said to be able to ward off evil.

在端午节,父母会给孩子们戴上香包。香包被挂在孩子的脖子上或系在衣服的前面作为装饰。传说香包可以驱魔辟邪。

People hang brunches of moxa and calamus around the doors of their homes. And they display protraits of evil's nemesis, Chung Kuei.

人们在家门口挂艾叶菖蒲和悬钟馗像。

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。