每周一练 | 学常用表达,练地道口语NO.16
2022-06-24 10:42
来源:
作者:新东方比邻
关于“课堂展示”的表达
All right, everyone. Pipe down! Class has begun!
好啦,各位!安静下来,开始上课了!
Oh no. I'm up the creek without a paddle.
天啊,我没办法了。
I think I'm in deep with this course. I don't know how I'll be able to catch up with all the work.
我这门课完蛋了,我不知道怎么赶上所有的课程!
I'm supposed to give a presentation today. I clean forget about it.
我今天本来要做课堂展示,但是我完全忘记了。
Yeah,you're definitely in a pickle.
你真的完蛋了。
Mandy, I see you're practicing your presentation. Why don't you come up here?
Mandy, 我看到你在练习演讲,你到讲台这来展示一下。
关于“英文祝福”的表达
May you lay down your pen feeling proud, just like a knight sheating his sword.
愿你们合上笔盖的刹那,有侠客收剑入鞘的骄傲!
Those who sow with tears will surely reap with laughter.
含泪播种的人一定能含笑收获。
Put together an antumn, winter, spring and summer, dream ten years of flowers fall to my home.
拼一个秋冬春夏,梦十载花落吾家。
Plum blossom fargrance comes from bitter cold and boils first in sweat.
梅花香自苦寒来,熬头喜在汗水中。
Keep trying no matter how hard it seems, it will get easier.
坚持不懈,难也变易。
Sharp tools make good work.
工欲善其事,必先利其器。
Strike while the iron is hot.
趁热打铁。
Behind every strenuous effort,there must be double reward.
每一次发奋努力的背后,必有加倍的赏赐。
Never give up, and good luck will find you.
不要放弃,好运总会垂青你的。
关于“配眼镜”的表达
Do you wear glasses or contacts?
你戴眼镜或隐形吗?
I used to wear both,but I had laser eye surgery three years ago.
我以前都戴,但是三年前做了激光眼手术后就不戴了。
Let's check your vision.
我们来检查一下视力。
Cover your left eye and look at the chart.
盖住左眼看视力表。
Read the last line you can make out.
读一下你能看清的最后一行。
Alright,look through this machine.
好的,看向这个机器。
I want you to tell me whether A or B is sharper.
你能告诉我A和B相比,哪个更清晰吗?
I'm afraid you are near-sighted.
恐怕你近视了。
Far sighted or near-sighted?
远视还是近视?
I think she might have astigmatism.
我认为她可能有散光。
Or possibly a cataract of some form.
或者有某种白内障。
I'll write you a prescription and they will make your lenses.
我给你开一个验光单,他们会给你做镜片。
关于“和室友闹矛盾”的表达
Hey,Jack.I've got a huge problem with my roommate.
嗨,Jack,我和室友之间存在很大的问题。
You're allowed to have some bumps in the road.
你们可以有一些小矛盾。
They seem to be in conflice. I'm sure we can work through it.
他们似乎有矛盾,我相信我们可以和平解决。
We got beef.
我们是有矛盾。
What's the matter?
什么问题呢?
She always has someone over in our room.
她总是带其他人到宿舍来。
It's barely big enough for the two of us, let alone other people.
这宿舍住我们两个人都够呛了,更别说其他人了。
You should just be upfront with her about it.
这个问题,你应该跟她直说。
I know,but I've had a bigger fish to fry.
我知道,但是我现在有更重要的事要做。
Maybe you can take it up with her first, and see if you two can meet each other halfway.
也许你可以先和她提一下这事儿,然后看看你俩能不能折中一下。
关于“衣服串色了”的表达
Oh! My word! My clothes are all pink now! It must be that new detergent!
我的天哪,我的衣服都变成粉色的了!这一定是新买的洗衣液的问题!
My best white shirt is ruined!
我最好的白衬衣被毁了!
Bleach it. It'll be okay.
漂白一下就可以了。
Next time separate everything into darks, lights, and whites.
下次记得把衣服按照颜色分成深色、浅色和白色来洗。
That brand-new red sweatsuit dyed the rest.
肯定是你的红色运动服染了其他衣服。
I can't afford any time and money to do laundry.
可我没那么多时间和钱去洗衣服。
关于“父亲节祝福”的表达
You've been father, friend, adviser, all of these and more.
您不仅是我的父亲,您还是我的朋友,顾问甚至更多。
On this special day, I want to say I'm proud of you, appreciate all you've done for me and I love you.
在这特别的一天,我想说我为你感到骄傲,爸爸,谢谢你为我做的一切,我爱你。
Words can't tell how much you mean to us. We wish you happiness on this special day.
我们无法用言语描述您对我们是多么重要,在这特别的一天,我们祝您父亲节快乐!
Over the years we have had our differences, but I always love you.
这些年来,虽然我们常有意见不合的地方,但我一直敬爱着您。
Thanks for holding my hand when I needed it.
谢谢您在我需要的时候伸出援助之手。
Happy father's day to an extraordinary father! I love you so much!
祝我独一无二的老爸父亲节快乐,我非常爱您!
I didn't realize that being a father would be so difficult. it makes me appreci ate you all the more.
我不知道做一个父亲竟然会这样不容易。这使我更加感激您。
I didn't see what a good father you were to us before, but I do now.
我以前不知道您是一个多么好的父亲,但是现在我知道了。
I hope you know how proud I am of you, father. Happy father's day! happiness always!
爸爸,我希望您能知道我是多么为您感到自豪啊,祝您父亲节快乐,永远快乐!
关于“生病了不舒服”的表达
My stomach's in knots.
我胃不舒服。
I feel a little bit nauseous.
有点想吐。
Oh dear, we need to get you to a doctor!
天啊,我们得带你去看医生了!
I'm sick as a dog.
我吐得一塌糊涂!
I'll call to set up the appointment.
那我现在预约一下医生。
Then I guess I have dry eyes and a scratchy throat for no reason.
我想我毫无原因的眼睛干燥喉咙痛。
I'm finding you besides manner a little lacking.
我觉得你对病人的态度不够耐心。
Do you believe in the placebo effect?
你相信安慰剂效应吗?
版权及免责声明
①凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。
② 本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。
③ 如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。